My latest ramblings.
Enjoy! I definitely got important things to say
My latest ramblings.
Enjoy! I definitely got important things to say
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
SEO is a very powerful tool that works very well for various online businesses. It has an important role to play in communicating and marketing. Here are the main reasons why you need small business SEO, according to Search Engine Land:
1. SEO is an investment rather than a cost – SEO makes an investment with massive return by lifting your rank in SERP.
2. SEO focuses attention on your website – thanks to SEO your business website is multitasking effectively and handling thousands of prospects at once.
3. SEO is a key part of your marketing mix – SEO, branding, social media and various other strategies work together to enhance your online presence.
4. SEO influences the research / buying cycle – SEO attracts prospects, playing an important role in the research / buying cycle. Without increasing your marketing costs proportionally, SEO can increase your sales and exponentially grow your profits.
5. SEO is affordable – as previously stated, SEO is an investment and not a cost. When choosing the right SEO agency, it is also very affordable when taking into consideration other costly alternatives or its high return.
6. SEO is an important ingredient – SEO is not just a minor detail but rather an important ingredient into your overall business strategy. It can help you tailor your landing pages to your visitors’ intent and achieving the best results for your business.
7. SEO represents much more than SEO-friendly CMS – according to SEO experts, CMS code is just a small part of the whole, since there are more than 200 ranking factors,
8. Your impact can be multiplied by SEO – by ensuring that your website targets the right audience, SEO can massively multiply your impact.
9. SEO can help internet users find your website – SEO has an invaluable role, helping your online business to get found.
10. SEO builds credibility and trust – SEO can convince your visitors to trust your authority in your niche.
11. Your brand builds with the help of SEO – by presenting the most relevant information to your visitors, our brand image is built and enhanced.
12. SEO represents a strategy for long-term – the results of SEO can only manifest in the long run.
13. Offline sales are driven by SEO – SEO does not only help to boost your online sales but has also a decisive influence on your offline sales, according to statistics.
14. SEO can attract relevant traffic that has a potential for a high conversion rate – using keyword analysis, SEO is highly targeted and can lead to a high conversion rate.
15. SEO represents measurable marketing – the results and efficiency of SEO can be measured and corrected.
16. SEO provides a cost-effective strategy – SEO is proven to be among the most effective online marketing methods.
17. SEO can be outsourced – you can outsource SEO to professionals and focus on other aspects of your business.
18. Even skeptics can be convinced by SEO – with such effective results, it is easy to convince anyone of the importance of small business SEO.
19. SEO offers unlimited opportunity – SEO can be fine-tuned through constant tweaks, providing endless opportunities.
20. SEO can provide better results than paid traffic – according to statistics, SEO is a more efficient marketing strategy than PPC. In Google Adwords, SEO provides 75% of search traffic, while PPC that provides barely 25 percent.</
21. SEO has its roots in user intent – SEO is in line with the intent of a searcher.
22. SEO can help you leverage weak competition – small businesses can use SEO in order to size competitive businesses.
If you have a popular website, you will start to notice that you will get spam every once in an awhile. The most common form of spam are comments from a website because they are the easiest form of information submission. To rank higher in Google, a long time ago, linking to many websites was a major ranking factor. Now Google does not consider this a major ranking factor, but there are still bots out there that try to link to websites using the software. So how do you know if a comment is spam? Below we show you how.
People posting with “viagra”, “earn more money” or other words that surely does not sound like a name is obviously spam. A person who is weary about giving their information out will probably just leave their first name, instead of random words.
If you see multiple comments from the same IP address, it is most likely spam. What is happening is that one computer is sending out all those spam comments to different websites trying to link to them. This form of SEO is called blackhat SEO.
There are emails that have plenty of words jumbled up. firstname.lastname@example.org is an example. In the case you see below, we consider this as comment spam.
Our world has come very diverse. Having misspellings is not always the case of comment spam, but it is still considered. There are some words that are most commonly misspelled by people. If you see words that are uncommonly misspelled, then that would be a sure clue that it is spam. Considering the amount of misspelled words should be taken into account also.
More often than not, there are comments that are unrelated to what the article or blog post is about. If this is the case, the chances of the comment being spam are high.
[fusion_content_boxes layout=”icon-with-title” columns=”1″ title_size=”” title_color=”” body_color=”” backgroundcolor=”” iconcolor=”#ffeb3b” icon_circle=”” icon_circle_radius=”” circlecolor=”” circlebordersize=”” circlebordercolor=”#ffeb3b” outercirclebordersize=”” outercirclebordercolor=”” icon_size=”” icon_hover_type=”” hover_accent_color=”#ffee5b” link_type=”” link_area=”” link_target=”” icon_align=”left” animation_type=”” animation_delay=”” animation_offset=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=””][fusion_content_box title=”Evaluate” backgroundcolor=”” icon=”fa-lightbulb-o” iconflip=”” iconrotate=”” iconspin=”no” iconcolor=”#ffeb3b” circlecolor=”” circlebordersize=”” circlebordercolor=”#ffeb3b” outercirclebordersize=”” outercirclebordercolor=”” image=”” image_width=”12″ image_height=”12″ link=”” linktext=”Read More” link_target=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.7″ animation_offset=””]Read the comment and see if the comment is generalized – meaning if it can be posted to any article as mass production. Users write a generalized comment and submit it to thousands of websites hoping those website owners will not catch them.
All of the remedies to spot comment spam we are about to mention is free. The first two are not SEO-friendly, although they do help in getting rid of comment spam once and for all.
With 4.8 stars as of writing this article, Akismet is a freemium plugin that takes care of comment spam. There is an option to automatically delete or blacklist spam. This plugin is perfect for those who do not want to see or deal with the types of comments as some of them are disturbing to read.
This can be in the form of Facebook or Google plus commenting system. Only people with a Google or Facebook account will be able to comment.
The only downside to this is that it does not help with SEO.
Here is an all-in-one plugin that lets your users decide what social media profile they’d like to comment with.
Disqus does not help with SEO either. Disqus is a software that is embedded in the comments section using a plugin. Because this is embeddable, any comments being submitted will only be sent to Disqus. Human eyes can see the comment, but Google’s robots don’t. Google’s robots will only see embeddable text. Another downfall of this system is the need to register before submitting a comment. The registration process requires the user to check his or her email address which may take a few minutes. Unless the user submitting a comment already has a Disqus account, it would annoy and demotivate other users from commenting.
Brought to you by Google, this captcha software is free if you have a Google account. This captcha will require users to select pictures based on what the captcha generates. If it thinks that you are a bot, it might ask you multiple times. Google ReCaptcha also has a plugin available in the plugin depository.
Comment spam is annoying at takes time from us since we’re required to clean and optimize our website. Websites are not ‘set and forget’ beings. If you have too many comment spam, you could consider enrolling in our WordPress website care plan. We’ll take care of comment spam for you as maintenance and any other updates that are needed. You can keep a peace of mind knowing that your website will not be get penalized from Google due to comment spam. Websites that are not kept clean and optimized have a higher chance of catching spam and getting a hit from google, which then deindexes the website from the SERPs (Search Engine Results Page).
Did you find this article helpful? Have you used any of the plugins mentioned above? Or do you have another remedy you can share? Do you have experience getting banned from Google because of comment spam?
We have a couple of clients ask us to update their websites by fixing broken code or updating valuable information on their website. Sometimes, there are too many updates that, it is better to upgrade their website to satisfy all their needs. So how do you know if it is time to update? Below we list some important things to consider:
If you need to change more than three things, then it is better to get your website redesigned. Here are common things that may require you a site upgrade:
“Even though you are busy, even though client’s need you, even though you have got many deadlines, you cannot see straight. My new website is a far better representation of my business; I should have done it sooner.” – Christopher Butler, Howdesign.com
Google will penalize you if your website is not mobile-friendly. This is a fact. Your site will not even show up in the search engine results page (SERPs) if your site is not mobile-friendly. Hitwise reported that.
Are you not getting enough leads as how you used to? Google updates their search engine to keep spammers away. One thing they prioritize are websites that are often updated.
Here are a few things that might be the reason why they have been exiting out of your website.
If your design is far behind your competitors, then it is time for a change. Your website is the first impression of you by potential clients, and more people trust websites that are updated.
Having a slow website makes it hard to update. In a recent study, 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less. In another recent study, 40% of people abandon a website if it takes longer 3 seconds to load. Oftentimes, your site is requiring to be robust; you might have to update your website hosting if this is so. Updating your website hosting gives your site more speed, and can handle more people coming to your site. The sooner you upgrade, the cheaper it is.
The primary purpose people visit your site is to find more information about a topic. This means that people are interested in the content. If people cannot locate what they are looking for, they will likely abandon your website and go to another website that is easier to navigate and a lot faster than yours.
Change is part of a business’ growth. Sometimes our brands change. This means that sometimes we get a new logo, change your website’s colors, or just update altogether. If this happens, then you might as well have a new website for you altogether.
Source: Web Solutions
If people see your website and it is outdated, they might not want to look at it because they know that the information might be outdated as well. Upgrading websites are not exactly cheap, but websites advertise for you 24/7. If you have many changes that you need to make on your site, it would be best if you upgraded your site instead. Many upgrades will cost more than what you expect.
TechCreativ can help you improve your site. Fill out our form to get started.
Web copy is different from the essays you were taught to write at school. As such, try to make it conversational in tone so that it’s easier to read – after all, when was the last time you actually read an essay for your enjoyment? This tutorial will show you how to do SEO within your WordPress post editor. Just because you’re always in a rush doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice your SEO.
<a href=http://domain.com/ rel="nofollow">This is your link</a>
<img src="https://domain.com/image.jpg" alt="keyword">
For free image tools, visit our Resources Page.
As you can see, the goal is to optimize everything for the users, not just for the bots. Why? Because the longer they stay on your site, the more Google will see that people have found what they’re looking for. That is Google’s ultimate goal – to make sure that they find the content that is most useful to whatever keyword is typed into their search bar. It’s not hard to put SEO in articles, really. All you need to do is to keep these things in mind and watch your traffic increase.
There are numerous ways to add the google tracking code using the Avada theme, although it either requires some PHP knowledge or a plugin (which we are trying to avoid due to google’s standards). Below are the steps you need to take to find the tracking and code and put it on your website using the Avada Theme.
[fusion_accordion divider_line=”yes” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility”][fusion_toggle title=”Get the code on your Google Analytics Dashboard” open=”no” ]
Go to[fusion_highlight color=”#607d8b” rounded=”yes” class=”” id=””] Admin[/fusion_highlight] .
Choose the respective account and property
Under property, click on [fusion_highlight color=”#607d8b” rounded=”yes” class=”” id=””]tracking info> [fusion_highlight color=”#607d8b” rounded=”yes” class=”” id=””]Tracking Code.[/fusion_highlight]
then, add it to your website.
[fusion_toggle title=”Where to add the google analytics tracking code on your website.” open=”no” ]
Go to the backend of your website > [fusion_highlight color=”#607d8b” rounded=”yes” class=”” id=””]Avada [/fusion_highlight]> [fusion_highlight color=”#607d8b” rounded=”yes” class=”” id=””]Theme Options [/fusion_highlight]> [fusion_highlight color=”#607d8b” rounded=”yes” class=”” id=””]Advanced [/fusion_highlight]> [fusion_highlight color=”#607d8b” rounded=”yes” class=”” id=””]Code Fields.[/fusion_highlight]
Paste your tracking code on the Tracking Code Portion or the Space before </head> portion.
You will see a top bar that says, “Settings have been changed, you should save them!”.
How do you know if you installed the tracking code correctly?
You can either wait and see if you get traffic tomorrow, or you can use this tool.
Be sure to backup your site!
Technical Creativity is run by Aurora Afable who covers the aspects of WordPress development and design, email, social media, strategy, and analytics.
With competitive pricing, she serves startups, entrepreneurs, or small businesses within the North County San Diego area.
I work remotely! But this is where I’m located.
Oceanside, California 92056